There are four basic areas of water treatment: PROCESS WATER treatment for conditioning of water for
a manufacturing process which may be necessary even though the source is city water; BOILER WATER treatment for conditioning
of boiler feed water to eliminate erosion, corrosion, and scale build-up; COOLING TOWER WATER treatment to eliminate corrosion
scale and slime; and DRINKING WATER treatment to sterilize, fluoridate, filter, and control odor and taste.
OMNI and PULSAtron Series M
mechanically actuated diaphragm metering pumps offer a wide range of water
treatment application solutions for almost any process and any budget.
PULSAtrol Controllers are specifically
designed for dependable control of boilers and cooling towers. These micro-processor based controllers
are easily interfaced with our PULSAtron electronic diaphragm
metering pumps or with our larger diaphragm metering pumps.
Water Treatment Applications Include:
- Metering of sodium and calcium hypochlorites for disinfection
- Metering of alum or sodium aluminate as a coagulant aid
- Preparation of silica-sol for coagulation of high organic waters
- Injection of sulfuric acid and sodium silicate
- Injection of filter aid slurries
- Acid and caustic injection for pH control or regeneration of resins
- Injection of potassium permanganate for manganese and iron removal
- Injection of phosphate for red water control
- Metering activated carbon slurries for taste and odor control
- Metering of lime slurries in softening and pH control
- Injection of fluorine compounds for dental cavity control
- Ammonium sulphate or aqua ammonia in production of chloramines
- Bromine for disinfection
- Metering of polymers for primary coagulation
- Injection of copper sulfate for algae control in cooling tower water
- Sulfuric acid injection to prevent delignification of cooling tower lumber.
For on-site boilers, boiler feed water is treated to eliminate erosion, corrosion, and scale buildup.
Applications would include the injection of phosphates for control of phosphate level in boiler feed water,
and injeciton of hydrazine, morphaline, and ammonia for corrosion control.